skip to navigation skip to contents
Foreign students including exchange students must obtain a student visa (D-2) from a Korean Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence. This can be obtained only after preparing all the required documents to enter Korea, including an admission letter.
For more information on student visas, please visit the Korea Immigration Service website: more or Study in Korea website: more
  • Student visa (D-2)
    • Eligible Applicants
      Study and research at educational. academic institutions (community college or higher)
      A person who wants to study, research or enroll in a full-time program (i.e. Bachelor's, Master, Ph.D.) at academic
      institutions (community college or higher) established under either the Higher Education Act or the Special Act.
    • Maximum length of stay
      You are allowed to stay for up to 2 years
    • Application Centre
      By principle, you must apply at a Korean diplomatic mission in your country or in a country where your last school is located.
    • Required documents:
      - Visa application form (form #34), photocopy of passport, one standard size photograph, fee
      - Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate (or distinct number certificate) of a respective education institution
      - Standard Acceptance Letter (issued by the dean/president of the university)
      - Documents proving your family relations (Only when your parent’s certificate of balance is submitted.)
    • For a comfortable stay in Korea during the study period, we recommend considering the cost for transportation, study materials, dorm fees and miscellaneous expenses.