AMA+ Scholarship Guideline - 2020 intake
Korea National University of Arts
The objective of the AMA+ Scholarship Program* is to support students with artistic talent to conduct advanced studies and ability in Korea National University of Arts in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual growth between the countries.
* The official title for the scholarship has been changed from AMA(Art Major Asian) to AMA+ as of March 2019, following the expansion of beneficiary countries. (The program is further expanded to all partner countries of the Official Development Assistance(ODA) as of 2019 intake)
■ Scholarship Benefits
◦ full tuition for undergraduate or graduate program
◦ airfare when entrance and graduation
◦ monthly allowance
◦ language course
◦ basic medical insurance
◦ cultural experience
■ Program Outline
◦ Invitation Eligibility
- Young and talented art students (Age below 40 is preferred)
- Field of Program: 6 schools* of Korea National University of Arts
* Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/TV/ Multimedia, Korean Traditional Arts
- Region : 142 eligible countries (see attachment)
- Application Period : February 2019 to May 2019
- Requirement: Application form(attached) and requirements by major
* Check 'Appendix 1' Admission Unit and Information
■ How to apply
◦ Due date : 31st May, 2019
※ Will begin 2020 AMA program on 1st November, 2019. Arrival dates are negotiable when impossible to arrive in Korea before 31st October 2019.
◦ What to submit(all) :
- AMA+ Application Form
- Study Plan
- Personal Medical Assessment * participants are requested to be physically healthy to follow the AMA+ curriculum at K-Arts.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Required Portfolio (Eng ver. slides, video, dvd, etc.)
- Copy of diploma/degree/certificate of graduation with Appostille
- Official Transcripts (Eng ver.)
- A copy of passport
- Other Requirements(Korean/English proficiency, experience certificate, achievement, extra portfolio, etc)
◦ Where to submit :
- Post : Attn. AMA+ Manager (Tel: +82 2 746 9073)
Office of External Affairs, Korea National University of Arts
146-37, Hwarang-ro 32-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (ZIP: 02789)
*The application documents can be sent by either by post or in person.
NO ONLINE SUBMISSION.
*All the Required documents should be submitted by 31st May 2019 (Korean local time).
*Late and incomplete submission will not be accepted.
*All submitted documents will not be returned.
■ Evaluation Procedures
Upon review of application packages submitted, passing candidates will be individually notified for follow-up interview or official invitation.