2020 AMFEK (Art Major Faculty Explore K-Arts) Program
※ Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the deadline is postponed as above. Please kindly understand.
As an affiliated organization of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea(hereafter MCST), the Korea National University of Arts (K-Arts) runs the short-term fellowship program for Art educators and professionals called Art Major Faculty ‘Explore K-Arts’(hereafter, AMFEK). AMFEK residency program sponsored by the MCST invites professionals and academic researcher in various art fields from abroad each year for 4 months in order to promote artistic cooperation and cultural understanding and introduce Korea’s art and culture.
■ Program Objectives
◦ To promote the artistic and cultural network and cooperation by inviting art educators, researchers, or professional artists from institutions specialized in arts around the world
◦ To allow students from both countries to experience cultural diversity through exchange with each institutions’ art professionals and to strengthen the artistic creativity
■ Program Outline
◦ Invitation Eligibility
- Professionals working actively as professors, lecturers, researchers, artist, or art administrator of an artistic/cultural institution (Ages through 25 to 45 preferred)
- Field of Program: 6 schools* of Korea National University of Arts
* Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/TV/ Multimedia, Korean Traditional Arts
- Region : Nationals of ODA recipient countries (by passport)
- Period : August ~ November 2020 (Apprx. 4 months)
- Requirement: Fluent in English OR in Korean language
- Number of Participant: 5
◦ Support to Participant
- 1 K-Arts faculty member will be paired with the AMFEK participant as a mentor
- 1 round-trip airfare (Economy class)
- Accommodation: Fully furnished guest-house on campus or a flat near the campus.
- Living expenses: KRW 900,000 per month
- Intensive Korean language lessons (20 hours a month)
- Basic medical insurance, Cultural field trips, etc.
- Support on proposed projects such as workshop, symposium, exhibition, performance, etc. according to its feasibility and importance (up to USD 2,500)
◦ Activity and Obligation
- Participation in orientation
- Weekly & final report (Performance, Exhibition, Film or Documentary production, etc.)
- Korean language lesson
- Participation on the research/creation project as a final presentation of what have done during the residency: Concert/Recital, Performance/Stage, Film/Documentary/Video, Report, Seminar, Exhibition, and/or any form or presentation agreed by AMFEK manager and mentor professor.
■ Application Due: 10th May 2020 (Korean Local Time) <-
19th April 2020
- The application documents should be sent by email to email@example.com
- Late and incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- All submitted documents will not be returned.
- Contact & Application: Yuwon Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2 746 9075