Cinema Studies, Film TheoryNAM Soo-young
- Ph.D. in Comparative Literature, New York University
- Outstanding Scholar in Humanities awarded by Wooho Foundation for Humanities Development. 2017
- Outstanding Academic Book (Historical Memory in the Time of Image: Documentary, Repetition for Subversion) awarded by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), 2010
- [Article] “Cinema as Necessary Archives: Between Silent Images and the Irrepresentable,
- [Invited Lecture] “Taxi Driver and Representation of Victims in Popular Culture” Special Lecture at the Center for Critical Korean Studies, University of California at Irvine, US, 05/18/2018.